Yen is an Associate at Redlich's Work Injury Lawyers based in our Melbourne office.
Yen prides herself in being able to assist clients who have been injured at work, as a result of a motor vehicle accident or in a public place. Yen tempers her compassion towards her clients with honest and practical legal advice to ensure that her clients understand the necessary steps in their claim and are able to promptly access their entitlements and compensation.
Whilst studying Law, Yen volunteered extensively at Victorian community legal centres namely, Whittlesea Community Legal Service, Jobwatch and Flemington Kensington Community Legal Centre. In addition to Yen’s work experience with her family’s businesses growing up, Yen credits her ability to relate to clients with diverse backgrounds and often complex legal issues to her unique and varied experiences whilst volunteering.
As a second generation Vietnamese Australian who grew up with four older siblings and non-English speaking working class parents, Yen experienced the countless obstacles her family faced due to their limited education and English. Out of necessity, Yen developed the confidence to help interpret, negotiate and advocate for her family and from there, her passion for advocacy and social justice began.
Yen has been involved in numerous personal injury litigation and non-litigated settlements, including:
- a six-figure settlement for a motor vehicle accident client with permanent psychiatric injuries after a successful Serious Injury Hearing in the County Court of Victoria
- a generous settlement for an injured construction worker who underwent a partial amputation to their hand after a successful Serious Injury Hearing in the County Court of Victoria. Despite their ability to return to fulltime work hours, the worker was permanently restricted to lighter duties as any machinery operation aggravated their injury symptoms. The worker’s injury also had a significant and permanent impact on their activities of daily living and leisure
- a six-figure settlement for an injured childcare worker for injuries to their spine and psychiatric condition without Court proceedings
- a six-figure settlement for a motor vehicle accident client with serious permanent injuries to their lower limbs through the TAC’s Fast-Track application process.
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Leo Cussen Centre for Law
- Bachelor of Laws – La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Legal Studies – La Trobe University
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Asian Australian Lawyers Association
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
Additional languages spoken
The lawyers and staff were polite and very informative, ending with a great outcome for me. I would highly recommend if you need advice and any legal help.- Paul S
Thank you to all the staff at Redlich's. The level of professionalism balanced with concern for client needs has been outstanding.- Robyn B