Lauren Freeman is a Practice Director at Redlich's Work Injury Lawyers, leading the Epping and Wangaratta offices.
Raised in Albury/Wodonga and having maintained a strong connection to the local community in regional North East Victoria, Lauren opened the Redlich’s visiting office in Wangaratta in August 2018. She now assists injured Victorians from the Northern suburbs of Melbourne and all of North East Victoria including Wangaratta, Shepparton, Wodonga and surrounds.
Lauren is passionate about pursuing the rights of injured Victorians, and strives to ease the burden of complex and stressful compensation schemes for her clients by providing clear advice and support every step of the way.
Lauren has been involved in numerous significant Court Hearings and settlements, including:
- a successful Court of Appeal decision for a woman physically assaulted on a University Campus as she walked along a darkened pathway to her car. The Court of Appeal found that requiring the use of the darkened pathway led to a foreseeable risk of injury to the woman and had a duty of care to protect her from that risk. The case created an exception to a longstanding High Court principle that occupiers of premises have no duty to prevent harm to people on their property from the criminal behaviour of a third party
- a significant settlement at mediation for a teacher who suffered a severe psychiatric injury as a result of being subjected to repeated physical and verbal assaults by a student
- a number of common law settlements for tram drivers with injuries sustained as a result of a negligent system of work that they were required to perform for many years
- a public liability settlement for pain and suffering damages and recuperation of out of pocket expenses for a young man who sustained a severe crush injury to his foot when a raised dance platform in a nightclub malfunctioned. The settlement was achieved without the need to commence Court proceedings, which significantly reduced the legal costs and delay in receiving compensation for the client.
- Bachelor of Laws – Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts – Monash University
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Editorial Committee – Precedent magazine