Simone Welsh is a Practice Director in the West, looking after the Melton, Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat areas.
Simone is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law and specialises in assisting people who have been injured at work and in motor vehicle accidents, and also has experience with public liability claims.
In a career spanning almost two decades of legal practise, Simone has been a passionate advocate for injured people, having represented countless successful plaintiffs during a difficult and confusing time in their lives.
Simone fights hard to make sure her clients receive the best possible outcome for their claim, and prides herself on her ability to explain difficult legal concepts to her clients so they can understand the legal process and what to expect.
She is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Victorian Women Lawyers Association.
Simone is based primarily in Melton as the Melton office leader, but was born and raised in Geelong.
Outside of work, Simone loves baking, keeping fit, spending time in the great outdoors and relaxing with her husband, her two boys and their dogs, Gidget and Bowser.
Simone has been involved in numerous personal injury litigation settlements, including:
- a serious injury application that ran for 11 days in the County Court for a client with a shoulder injury that prevented him from working. The client received a six-figure payout for the injury. Not long after, the Court bought in a new practice direction to limit how long serious injury cases can go for
- obtaining a substantial settlement for a client who injured his elbow from heavy repetitive work as a welder. That injury only rated at 1 per cent under the impairment guides but caused him pain and reduced grip strength which meant he had to change careers. He eventually found another job but the loss of his welding job, which he was so passionate about was enough to convince the Court that he had a serious injury
- a difficult and technical case against a hospital where an injured nurse hurt her shoulder when an elderly patient she was assisting fell and grabbed her arm
- Simone has also been involved in two difficult cases in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal.
- Bachelor of Laws – Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts – Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Leo Cussen Institute
- Accredited Specialist – Personal Injury Law; Law Institute of Victoria (2015)
- Geelong Lawyers Association
Everyone I spoke with displayed genuine friendliness, interest, competence and confidence in my case.- Paul B
Thanks you to Simone and her team at Redlich’s for their perseverance, professionalism and commitment to achieving a successful outcome for my mother’s case. Simone’s specialist knowledge and experience in injury law is exceptional and highly recommended.- Tara L