Linda Hanley is the Melbourne Practice Director at Redlich's Work Injury Lawyers and an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law. Linda also leads the Chinese practice.
Her keen interest and desire to assist injured individuals initially began after her mother was injured in the workplace and struggled to navigate through the WorkCover system. Having seen and experienced the impact injuries have on the lives of injured individuals and their families, Linda is passionate about helping others navigate these complex compensation systems.
Linda’s extensive experience in assisting her injured clients in obtaining what is rightfully theirs by way of legal entitlements and compensation has made her the empathetic and compassionate lawyer she is today.
Fluent in English and Cantonese, and with a basic understanding of Mandarin, Linda can assist clients in their language. Linda is passionate about acting for community members who have difficulty accessing legal services due to cost or language barriers. Find out more about our Chinese practice here.
Outside of work, Linda enjoys spending most of her time with her family. She especially delights in creating memories and teaching her children, whom she describes as her “pride and joy”.
Linda has been involved in numerous personal injury litigation settlements, including:
- two six-figure settlements for an injured Chinese worker for two separate and discrete injuries against the same employer
- a generous settlement for pain and suffering damages for a teacher who suffered an obscure jaw injury during the course of her employment
- a settlement for a worker who was injured in 1991, recovering almost all of their weekly payments which were in arrears. The insurer had terminated their payments after determining that the worker’s injury/condition was no longer connected to their employment.
- Bachelor of Law – Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts – Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Leo Cussen Centre for Law
- Accredited Specialist – Personal Injury Law; Law Institute of Victoria (2021)
- Asian Australian Lawyers Association
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Law Institute of Victoria
Additional languages spoken
- Cantonese (fluent)
- Mandarin (basic understanding)
Your guidance, Linda, was of immense assistance for us both. The compensation has been used to purchase a shop (which is to become a bookstore) and some property. This is in honour of our son who always dreamed of being a bookstore owner. It is such a relief to now have direction, purpose and a future… a way to heal. You are a major contributor to that being possible. Linda, for this I will always be grateful.- Tanya E
Was hard to put into words what Linda has done for me. I really hit the jackpot when Redlich's appointed her as my lawyer. I have no hesitation to recommend Linda Hanley and the staff I dealt with at Adviceline. Linda is highly competent and an asset to Adviceline. Through her work I’ve been able to access top medical care, income support and financial compensation in regards to my workplace injury. She has provided exceptional legal knowledge and are a credit to your firm.- Anna Z